Sunday, August 5, 2012

pitango gelato

I'm a big fan of frozen dairy treats, and gelato is number two on my list (the first is ice cream). Wherever I travel, I always keep an eye out for a local gelato or ice cream place to try. I was in Washington, D.C. lately and had to try their famous Pitango Gelato place out.

They serve coffee & tea, gelato, sherbet, and frozen yogurt. They are by far my favorite gelato place that I have ever visited, and I've visited a few to be fair. They have many different flavors and you can half-and-half any flavors you want. I tried vanilla chocolate chip (which was extraordinary), and a mixture of the lemon and raspberry sorbet (which was also extraordinary). The texture is not too heavy or light, and it's got the richest flavors. *Psst, the hazelnuts are imported directly from Italy!* Pitango's got a lot of interesting history (their founder was a software engineer who decided to change his ways to make gelato) and it's got amazing customer service. They're also NOW HIRING, if you live in the area!!

I give it 10 of 10 stars. To others, it may seem a bit pricy but the gelato is worth it. The flavors are rich and absolutely phenomenal and I can't wait to go back again. :) I recommend it to anyone -- groups of friends, family members, or just you by yourself.


:) (from yelp.com)

Location: 413 7th St NW     Washington, D.C. 20004     Neighborhood: Penn Quarter

Contact: (202) 885-9607     http://www.pitangogelato.com

Nearest Transit Station: Archives Metro Station (green, yellow)     Gallery Place Chinatown Metro Station (green, red, yellow)        Judiciary Square Metro Station (red)

Hours: Mon - Thu  7 am - 11 pm
Fri  7 am - 12 am
Sat  11 am - 12 am
Sun  11 am - 11 pm

Price Range (on yelp.com's scale): $$

Accepts Credit Cards: yes

Parking: street

Outdoor seating: no

WiFi: free

Wheelchair Accessible: yes

General Rating on yelp.com: 4 1/2 stars (by yelp.com's scale) out of 5

3 comments:

  1. Omg do you live in Washington DC?! I live close in Virginia and went to Pitango too recently! Did I see you?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. S. Laurel: Unfortunately, we can't tell if we saw you or not or if you saw us! But what are your feelings on Pitango? Also, "TRDR team" is a fake. This is our real profile - you can tell because you can click on our name and it will redirect you to our profile. Thanks!

      Delete
  2. Yes u did see us!

    ReplyDelete